A’18 in New York City
We’re hosting core sessions and events at curated venues centrally located around the city, making it easy for you to walk, bike, ride, or take the subway between locations.
Architecture Expo & CE
Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
Head to Manhattan’s trendy West Side to experience the Architecture Expo, a two-day, 200,000-sq. ft. materials playground. Inside Javits you’ll find hundreds of building product manufacturers with the newest materials, live programming, expo credit courses, and classroom seminars.
Building amenities include free Wi-Fi, FedEx Office, a business lounge, and a food court specializing in regionally sourced food. Only a short stroll away: The High Line.
• designed by James Ingo Freed
Nearest subway: 34th St./Hudson Yards or 34th St./Penn Station
Radio City Music Hall
Hear unforgettable keynotes and spotlight speakers at one of New York City’s most legendary Art Deco venues, located in the heart of midtown Manhattan.
- designed by Edward Durell Stone and Donald Deskey
- largest indoor theater in the world
- stunning neon marquee that stretches a full city block
Rockefeller Center @ 1260 6th Ave.
Nearest subway: 50th St./Broadway or 47th-50th/Rockefeller Center
Pro Series & CE
John L. Tishman Auditorium, The New School
Attend the Pro Series to discover one of Greenwich Village’s most remarkable spaces, Tishman Auditorium. It’s one of several New School buildings where we’re hosting education sessions.
- designed by Joseph Urban
- 5,555 sq. ft. and seats up to 800
- beams and panels connect across ceilings and walls to form astonishing shapes
University Center @ 63 5th Ave.
Nearest subway: 14th St./Union Square
ArchiTalks & CE
Head to this sophisticated hotel centrally located near Radio City Music Hall, MOMA, Central Park, Times Square, and Broadway theaters, for seminars and workshops.
- designed by William B. Tabler Sr.
- New York City’s largest hotel and the world’s 101st tallest
- site where John Lennon wrote the lyrics to his 1971 song “Imagine”
Nearest subway: 7th Ave.
Enjoy the company of friends and colleagues at The Party!, our signature event, hosted at the magnificent Hammerstein Ballroom in Chelsea.
- designed by Oscar Hammerstein as an opera house
- 12,000-sq.-ft. over three floors, plus a 75-ft. hand-painted ceiling
- site of David Bowie’s final public performance
Nearest subway: 34th St. & 8th Ave.
Zero Waste Exhibit
The Center for Architecture / AIA New York
Stop by this Greenwich Village icon to experience the Zero Waste Design Guidelines, an edgy exhibit curated by journalist Andrew Blum. The exhibit goes beyond the guidelines to candidly explore challenges and opportunities during the precise moment when garbage leaves our hands and goes into the back of a garbage truck.
|Key details |
Nearest subway: West 4th St. or Broadway/Lafayette
It’s easy to travel between A’18 venues on foot, by bike, or by rideshare. This map will help you plan your travel time and see what’s nearby.